Define what you understand as a healthy, ‘balanced meal’ using one or more of the ‘food models’ you have investigated ( Diet pyramid, healthy eating plate etc)
A healthy balanced meal contains the right portions of the right types of food your body needs to function well. As shown in a diet pyramid, the biggest food group that we need is wheat's, breads, pasta, etc. This group provides our bodies with carbohydrates to give us energy. The next group is fruits and vegetables, which give us vitamins and minerals. Then there is meats and dairies which contain protein and calcium. Finally there are fats and oils which is the smallest group. All of these food groups are important to our bodies and need to be consumed daily.
Explain why you made the food choices for your Pizza meal. (This can be for nutritional content, time, facilities available in kitchen, your skill level, appearance of final meal etc.)
My pizza had tomato paste, cheese, avocado and chicken on it as well as the pizza base. I also had a small fruit salad on the side with apple and strawberries. I chose these foods as together they make up a balanced meal as my pizza meal contains wheat, vegetables and fruits, meat and cheese, and a small bit of fat. Also, i chose these foods as they are easy and quick to prepare and they are all really yummy!
Discuss how well you think you executed this task. (This can include any problems you encountered, your time management, general organization, safety, final product satisfaction etc.)
While making the pizza, I worked well and efficient and I finished a while before the class ended. My pizza turned out really well, however, when i had cooked my pizza i was putting it into my container and i dropped it on the floor!! This was sad because i couldn't eat it but fortunately Mrs baker marked it before i dropped it. Before I dropped my pizza, it smelt and looked really good and I was proud of it. I also cleaned up really quickly and I used almost all of the ingredients I wrote down. However, I didn't use all of my fruit so I shouldn't have put that much on my list. I think I was well prepared before I got into the kitchen and I had thought through what I was going to do first and how to prepare the foods, such as slicing the avocado. Overall, I believe I worked well in the kitchen.
What have you learned from this task?
I learnt skills about cooking that I can remember for life, like preparing and cooking foods. I also learnt about healthy eating and how important it is to have a balanced, healthy diet. And that healthy foods can still be yummy!! I also learned about food labelling and the long process food goes through to become safe for people to eat, including best before dates, the requirements and packaging.
What would you do differently next time?
Next time I would be very careful not to drop my pizza! I would also add more things to it to make it more tasty and creative. Also, I would be really careful and think through the quantities and servings I need for each food.
Hospitality this term.
Hospitality and Services this term has been really fun and interesting! I have learned some useful things about cooking and now I know some good easy snacks to make if I'm hungry. I really enjoyed the pizza task, even though I couldn't eat the pizza, it was so much fun to make. I love hospitality and it is so much fun and really tasty!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment