Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Today was our first lesson in the kitchen. We made potato and a coleslaw and to my surprise it wasn't that bad. Making it was really fun.
Working in the kitchen today was the same as it was last year with all of the equipment mostly in the bays and when you come you have to get an apron and kitchen cloths. When working in the kitchen its really important to be organised and on time, or you can miss some important information.
We learnt about food preparation and cut things up like mints and lettuce. I also learnt that when you cook in a microwave, the food is cooked from the inside as opposed to the outside like an oven.
While making the food we also did things like getting juice from lemons and shredding carrots. It was all really fun!
I have started competing the first activity in the assignment and it isn't very hard so I hope to get it done by tomorrow. I really don't want to have to complete everything at the last minute so ill try my best to spread out the tasks through the term.

No comments:

Post a Comment